Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Welcome to the world of "Thought leadership"

"I thought you might be interested in the attached thought leadership piece from XXX which examines the issue of mobile working," says an email I just got. It's from a PR and it's offering an article which I might (they hope) want to publish.

I do love the term "thought leadership piece"! It conjures up images of radical proposals, a slice of Nietsche or Bertrand Russell.

Instead, what I get is 750 words, which starts (I'm not making it up) "In today’s increasingly competitive market place, businesses know that they need to be able to compete effectively... " and ends up "A fully thought out plan is an essential first step in joining the new mobile business paradigm, where business is done anywhere, any time."

The whole thing is such wearying garbage. Even more wearying is the thought that I also write this stuff for money, myself.

No comments: