Tuesday, May 06, 2008

My first-class cricketing namesake

How have I been unaware that among the handful of Peter Judges in the world., there has been one with a career in first-class cricket? Born in Cricklewood in 1916, he played for Middlesex, and recorded the fastest "pair" in cricketing history. This means, according to Wikipedia, he was dismissed by two consecutive balls in the space of a minute, against a visiting Indian team in 1946.

I was looking myself up in Wikipedia, because PR man Andrew Smith mentioned a couple of other journalists' Wikipedia entries in a post about researching journalist backgrounders.

I don't have a Wikipedia entry, and really, I don't think I have any achievements worthy to stand against my illustrious namesake. And I hope all PR profiles of me mention the highly-relevant fact that someone with my name - along with plenty of better cricketing performances - once got two ducks in a minute.

No comments: